- Any Sikh youth whose age is more than 6 years and less than 17 years as of December 31st 2018.
Method #1: Online Using this website www.campgurmat.org
Method #2: In-Person At respective Gurdwara Sahib
Method #3: Post P.O. Box 1431, Allen, Texas 75013
Method #4: Email Send scanned copies of completed form to email@example.com
- Last date for registration: Dec 3rd
- After deadline, application will only be accepted, if seats are still available. A late fees of $25 will be applied.
- Camper Fees: $250 (after Dec 3rd $275)
- Counselor Fees: $100
- Cabin Volunteer Fees: $250
- Online at www.campgurmat.org
- In person – cash or check (Make check payable to ‘CAMP GURMAT’)
- Application Form
- Parental Consent & Release Form
- Health Insurance Information Form
|CHECK-IN||December 25th 2018||3:00 – 4:00 PM||Campsite|
|CHECK-OUT||December 30st 2018||2:00 PM||Campsite|
- IF YOU ARE ARRIVING LATE, LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE.
- IF ANYBODY OTHER THAN PARENT/GUARDIAN IS PICKING UP THE CAMPER, THE PARENT/GUARDIAN MUST INFORM CAMP GURMAT ORGANIZER IN ADVANCE. THE PARENT/GUARDIAN MUST SIGN A RELEASE FORM AUTHORIZING PICKUP BY THE DESIGNATED PERSON.
- Any medications prescribed for your child and any special instructions concerning the health of your child should be left with the Camp Gurmat Health Staff at the time of Check-in.
- Please bring the prescription medication in original container, clearly labelled with the camper’s name, in a Ziploc bag.
- Well balanced nutritious vegetarian meal (including meals and snacks) is served at the Camp site.
- Any food allergy information must be clearly stated in the application forms.
- Parents are requested NOT to send any food for/with the campers.
- The parents should leave the campsite after the Check-in/orientation on Day-1.
- Parents are welcome to join last day of the camp divan.
- There are separate cabins for boys and girls.
- Each climate controlled cabins accommodates 12 campers and 2 counselors.
- Girl’s cabins have female counselors while Boy’s cabins have male counselors assigned.
- Each cabin is equipped with 2 private bathrooms and 2 private showers (with hot water).
- Each cabin contain 6 bunk beds with mattress included. But NO comforters and sheets.
- Boys are NOT allowed in the Girls cabin and Girls are NOT allowed in Boys cabins.
- Campers are not allowed outside of their cabin without the permission of cabin counselor.
Any violations of above will lead to expulsion from Camp.
The following items are a MUST. (Please mark your child’s clothing)
- Heavy JACKET and Sweaters (appropriate for outdoor winter activity)
- Kesari/Blue Turbans for boys and Kesari/Blue Chunis for girls
- Pillow, pillow-cases & Bed sheets
- Comforter or sleeping bag.
- Towels & toiletry
- Extra pair of sneakers, flip-flop shoes
|Special Note: Must bring Musical instruments (Harmonium, Tabla, Violin etc.) for individualized training, during kirtan classes. Please clearly label your instrument.|
|Optional items: Basketball, Soccer ball, Football|
Be sure to bring enough clothes to last for the duration of the camp.
- Prohibited items includes but not limited to: Lanterns, candles, firecrackers, radios, DVD/CD players, IPOD/MP3 Player, Song CD’s.
- Use of mobile/cellular is NOT permitted during the class/lecture/presentation/Kirtan
- NO. There is no need for Campers to carry any cash to the camp.
- The indoor sessions include classes in Sikh history, Kirtan, Gurmat, Gatka and other interactive sessions/games.
- The outdoor activities (weather permitting) includes Archery, Boating, Canoeing, Challenge Courses, Wall climbing, open field activities -Volleyball, Baseball, Soccer, and Athletics.
- Parents are NOT allowed to contact campers during the entire camp.
- Emergency situation: Please contact Camp organizers at (469)795-1714
- A designated group of adult counselors, selected with great care, keeping in mind safety of campers, will stay on site all five days.
- These counselors are assigned duties to take care of group of campers.
- Cabin volunteer information along with their phone number is handed over on the first day of the camp during the CHECK-IN process.
- Several young/first time campers feel homesick during the first two days. At Camp Gurmat, all the available counselors, volunteers and returning campers make every possible effort to help the child feel comfortable and enjoy their time all five days.
- Camp Gurmat volunteers request the parents to be BRAVE and encourage/prepare the campers to stay at the camp for the entire session.
- No. However, parents can contact the Camp Organizers via email or phone to see if snacks can be donated, so it can be distributed to all the campers.
- Be a volunteer: You can be a cabin volunteer for five-days or assist us during Check-in/out
- Resources: Providing Camp supplies such as water, snacks etc.
- Sponsor-a-Camper: You can sponsor a camper to attend Camp Gurmat.
- Donations: You can always donate any amount that works for you.
However, in extreme situations such as medical emergency or death in family, a full refund can be considered.
Any Further Questions?
Camp Gurmat follows Akal Takhat Rehat Maryada Published by Sikh Gurdwara Prabhandhak Committee.